Aircraft Sales (Aircraft Trader)
Location: Head Office, Tokyo
Interested applicants may send their Resume with a Cover Letter, along with copies of college or university certificates, and letters of previous company’s employment (Two or more).
Title – Associate
Function – Assistant Trader
The details about the department
Aircraft cross-border trading, aircraft to include helicopters, regional jets, turboprops, and small-business jets. A well-experienced trader who is the Executive Vice President of the company leads the team with two traders and one sales assistant.
Family-owned aircraft leasing and trading company with a specialty in general aviation (a sector that covers all of aviation apart from military and commercial airlines). ITC has an operating history of over 30 years. A well-experienced commercial director leads the company as president and CEO. The company is often perceived to be unique in the sense that the company’s internal language is predominantly English, with a multi-cultural office, where you will be working with people from Australia, Canada, the UK, Peru, the Philippines, Pakistan, and Japan. The company has customers worldwide, with a primary focus on North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
Period of employment
Full-time employees: No stipulations (65 years old with retirement age system).
- Depending on the experience.
- If performance is as expected a bonus equivalent to two months’ salary shall be paid twice per year in summer and in winter, hence a total of four months additional salary. Exceptional performance may be subject to an additional bonus.
- A salary review is done every six months, where fair assessment would allow salary raises and extra bonuses for those who exceed their qualitative or quantitative targets.
Intensive on-the-job training shall be provided throughout and beyond the probational period. The candidate would be expected to be proactive in learning.
Due to organisational expansion, we need more assistant traders who can help us grow, develop their own careers, and be sales focused.
Expected joining date
As soon as possible
Assist traders, especially the Head of Aircraft Sales, to materialise deals efficiently with a focus on customer satisfaction and creating sales opportunities.
- Work on general marketing and generation of marketing material.
- Assist with aircraft inspections and valuations with the collaboration of the Asset Management Team.
- Manage projects and liaison with various departments.
- Negotiate commercial terms with advice from a supervisor.
- Use of various online valuation tools, databases, and marketing websites.
- Any other tasks associated with the above.
- Substantial commercial and sales background.
- Good PC skills (including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Genuine Interest in the aviation industry and aircraft.
- As we plan to give intensive on-the-job training, the mentioned “Desired Characteristics” may be more critical.
Fluent in English and Japanese (at least English business level).
- Eager to go through such intensive on-the-job training.
- A natural communicator and team player.
- Strong sense of ownership, a natural leader.
- A positive /energetic person.
- A good logical thinker and a good listener. It is ideal if one has lived abroad and been exposed to various cultures including Japanese.
- Clean / well-organized / detail-oriented person.
- Interests/passion outside of work, i.e., a hobby, focused on work/life balance: work hard, play hard.
The company will be flexible and open-minded to consider additional/specific terms for the right candidate.